We are dedicated to helping individuals in need of recovery from compulsive eating (e.g.: overeating, bulimia, anorexia) through empowering and supporting all meetings within the Intergroup.
The purpose of Heart of Texas Intergroup is to promote the unity within the Intergroup, to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, to be aware of and serve the needs of member Groups and to carry the message of Overeaters Anonymous to the compulsive overeater who still suffers, by:
- Furthering the OA program in accordance with the Twelve Steps, Twelve Traditions, and Twelve Concepts of OA.
- Maintaining a Communication Center for the Intergroup.
- Providing a format for selection of Board Officer nominees.
- Providing unity of Groups and organization of Groups within the Intergroup.
- Conducting various recovery events that help further the aims of the Intergroup and member Groups.
There is more in The Heart of Texas OA Intergroup Library:
- Monthly newsletters.
- Intergroup meeting minutes and other business.
- Intergroup Bylaws.
- New representative introduction packet.
- Meeting and workshop formats.