Overeaters Anonymous is a worldwide Fellowship open to all who have a desire to stop eating compulsively.
Compulsive Eating Behaviors
What are “compulsive eating behaviors”? There are many common manifestations of compulsive eating:
Or any combination of these.
Who We Are
OA members are men and women from around the world. Some have been obese, while others have been anorexic, bulimic or a normal weight. We have been unable to freely live our lives because we have been so obsessed with food or weight.
The membership of OA is varied, both in its makeup and in the eating behaviors and experiences that brought each individual to OA.
In OA you’ll find members who are or were:
- Extremely overweight, even morbidly obese
- Only moderately overweight
- Average weight
- Dangerously underweight
- Still maintaining periodic control of their eating behavior
- Totally unable to control their compulsive eating
What are the symptoms?
OA members have experienced many different patterns of eating. These symptoms are as varied as our membership.
- Obsession with body weight, size and shape.
- Eating binges.
- Preoccupation with weight-reduction diets.
- Inducing vomiting after eating.
- Constant preoccupation with food.
- Inability to stop eating after taking the first bite.
- Over exercising.
Our symptoms may vary, but we share a common bond: we are powerless over food and our lives are unmanageable.
Am I a compulsive eater?
Only you can determine this.
Take a moment to answer the “Fifteen Questions” about your relationship with food, and watch the videos below.
If you feel you are one of us, we welcome you with open arms.
Welcome to Overeaters Anonymous!